The (non-)P.C. Post
London is diverse. The harmony of various cultures operate together is intriguing. I wouldn't say it's assimilation per se - rather it's more of a comfortable truce of mutual respect. While you do get your pockets of racism here and there, it's seldom something that becomes an impediment in every day life.
In that spirit then, here are a few juicy insights from my new home:
- Brown people are generally the most racist of the lot.
- Romanians are the new Indians. They're everywhere. There is no escape.
- Contrary to my prior beliefs, women do cut your hair better. You can't discuss politics on the chair though.
- British girls - generally not very hot.. generally not very aware of that fact.
- British guys can actually be fun. Except when they drink. They drink a lot.
- British-born Pakistanis. Steer clear of them. 'nuff said.
- Indians here all have affected accents. All of them.
- The only thing worse than 'Cheers!' and 'mate!' is 'Cheers, mate!'
- Where are all the Chinese people?
- People admit to liking pop music.
- More people know the color of the outfit Paris Hilton wore to the club last night, than the name of their neighbour.
- The classiness of a club is inversely proportional to the number of Aussies present.
- Turkish people are nicer in Turkey than in London.
There. I think I've p****d off most people I know.
Lovin' the diversity.
(fun fact: I accidently posted that on the mail nomadlife page by mistake! EEK!)